The Nets stomped the Celtics out of town like Kyrie Irving did on their logo in Boston. Brooklyn was just too much for an under-manned Celtics team to contain, winning the series 4-1. Nobody expected much more than five games from this series and that is exactly how it went down, with the Nets’ Big 3 leading the way. Next up, it’s a series that basketball fans are salivating over. The Nets will take on the Bucks in what should be a long, hard-fought series that begins at Barclays Center Saturday night.
To recap Nets-Celtics and give an in-depth preview of Nets-Bucks in the Eastern Conference semifinals, we bring you a brand new edition of the “Fullcourt on Flatbush” podcast with Robin Lundberg and Nets legend Kerry Kittles, featuring an interview with Nets superman Bruce Reznick – better known as Mr. Whammy.
Fullcourt on Flatbush Podcast with Robin, Kerry & Jake:
- NETS STOMP CELTICS: Nets beat the Celtics in five games, dominating the series. We react to the series, Irving stepping on the Celtics logo in Boston, the Celtics’ changes in the front office and Jason Kidd as a potential head coach.
- BIG 3: Is the Nets Big 3 the best Big 3 on a court together offensively in NBA history? The guys say yes.
- NETS-BUCKS PREVIEW/PREDICTIONS: The winner of this series may win the NBA Finals. The games will be very tight. Bucks give the Nets a few matchup problems. We all are going with the Nets to win the series in six/seven games.
Bruce Reznick aka “Mr. Whammy” Interview:
Nets superfan, distracts opposing free-throw shooters
- BECOMING MR. WHAMMY: How the nickname came about, when he started going to games, reaction he got from fans.
- NETS MEMORIES: Kerry was like a football player catching passes from Jason Kidd. Loved watching Kidd play. Being back at Barclays Center Tuesday for the first time since the pandemic. They treat him so well there.
- LAWYER: Has been a practicing lawyer for over 50 years. Judge once called him Mr. Whammy. Three kids are all lawyers. Wife is an office manager.
Catch up on all episodes of “Fullcourt on Flatbush,” a Brooklyn Nets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Kerry Kittles and Robin Lundberg on Twitter @Kerry_Kittles30 and @robinlundberg. New episodes drop Wednesday afternoons.